“We started recommending the [Nutrova Functional] Fibre supplement since November 2012, I think. And definitely, our clients have been getting better results including fiber in their diets. We do a body composition analysis periodically (ranging from once a week to once a month, depending on the client’s program), and also ask the clients to get blood work done to check for biochemical parameters. Using the fiber, members have got good results on both, the body composition and also blood reports. Fat percent has dropped, more importantly, the waist-hip ratio. Blood sugar levels have been stabilized and lipid profile has also improved. Regarding client feedback, they say their cravings have settled since starting the fiber, and their appetite has regularized, they feel hungry enough to eat on time, and don’t overeat at meal times.”
Why We Recommend This
- A clinical study found that consuming Nutrova Functional Fibre decreased triglycerides and LDL cholesterol, while HDL cholesterol remained unchanged, indicating improved digestive and metabolic health
- Fenugreek/methi seed fibre is remarkably soluble, which makes it an excellent source of fibre; it comes in a de-bitterised form, for improved palatability
Clinical Study Results
Clinically-evaluated results after 30 days
- 15.9% decrease in triglycerides
- 18.7% decrease in LDL
- No change in HDL
Clinically-evaluated results after 60 days
- 12.3% decrease in triglycerides
- 20.1% decrease in LDL
- No change in HDL
Participant Questionnaire Results on Day 60
- 81.2% rated their overall quality of life ‘good to very good’ (from 9.4% on Day 0)
- 81.2% said they were ‘satisfied to very satisfied’ with their health (from 21.9% on Day 0)
- 81.2% said they were ‘satisfied to very satisfied’ with their sleep (from 18.8% on Day 0)
- 78.1% said they were ‘satisfied to very satisfied’ with their energy for their everyday life (from 18.8% on Day 0)
The Ingredients & Their Evidence-Based Roles
- De-bitterised fenugreek (methi) fibre: an exceptional soluble fibre that absorbs moisture better than several other soluble fibres (like guar gum and psyllium husk, for example) . This means it:
1. Forms a gel-like substance that improves stool consistency
2. Is an excellent prebiotic: it nourishes our good gut bacteria, keeping our gut (and several other functions) healthy
3. Absorbs sugars and fats, which helps regulate blood cholesterol and sugar levels
- Gluten-free wheat fibre extract: is considered the gold standard of bulk-forming insoluble fibre , which improves stool structure and bowel movement.
How Nutrova Functional Fibre Works
1. Most Indians don’t consume nearly enough dietary fibre.
2. Nutrova Functional Fibre contains a unique blend of fibres that improve our digestive health and functioning.
Frequently Asked Questions
Begin with one (5-gram) scoop a day, mixed into a glass of water. You can choose to gradually increase your dose to 2 scoops daily, over a few days. Drink 1 glass of water for every scoop you consume.
This product has been formulated using natural extracts with no additives, and is completely safe and healthy. A sudden increase in dietary fibre of any kind may sometimes cause mild flatulence, but this can be avoided by gradually increasing our daily fibre intake and consuming plenty of water.
Nutrova Functional Fibre contains fenugreek/methi fibre, which is a much better prebiotic (source of food for our good gut bacteria, which play a significant role in keeping our gut healthy) compared to psyllium husk.
Yes, all our products are designed to work well both individually and together.