“I have been trying Nutrova Fish Oil 84 and it’s the only fish oil I have taken that does not have a fishy burp or a fishy taste. Otherwise with all other supplements I would get that fishy taste even after a few hours of taking the supplement. I have also suggested to some of my clients for their cholesterol levels.”
Founder of Map My Meals
“The new Nutrova Fish Oil contains 84% purity, which is far more than most widely available supplements. I’m a firm believer of quality and this product definitely lives up to a high standard!”
Why We Recommend This
- The remarkable high-purity of Nutrova Fish Oil 84 means it packs a higher dose of omega-3 fats EPA and DHA in smaller-sized capsules
- Its enteric coating makes it easier for the body to absorb and use, while also preventing fishy burps
The Ingredients & Their Evidence-Based Roles
- EPA and DHA: are important omega-3 fats that:
1. Promote general health: they are vital to our cells’ health and functioning, since they form a part of our cells’ membrane, ultimately affecting our immunity and the health of all organs , .
2. Support heart health: they may help improve our lipid profile (triglycerides and cholesterol), decrease resting heart rate, blood pressure and inflammation, and improve the integrity of blood vessels .
3. Aid workouts and muscle development: their anti-inflammatory effects can prevent exercise-induced joint pain and aid muscle recovery; they even enhance cardio workouts by improving the way our body uses oxygen .
4. Support skin and hair health: they can trigger our hair’s growth cycle , and improve our skin’s barrier, which retains its moisture and protects it from environmental irritants ; their anti-inflammatory effects may help fight acne and skin disorders like eczema and dermatitis .
5. Maintain brain health: DHA is a major structural component of our brain and nerves, playing a vital role in their development and function , 
6. Support healthy vision: they are important for visual development (early life) and performance (throughout our lifespan), and may protect our eyes from dryness and age-related decline , , .
How Nutrova Fish Oil 84 Works
1. EPA and DHA are important omega-3 fats, which are essential fatty acids that remain inadequate in today’s diet.
2. Nutrova Fish Oil 84 contains omega-3 fats in a remarkably high purity: 84% in a capsule.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, fish oil is globally recognised as safe and without any side effects. However, pregnant or lactating women, people with medical conditions or people on chronic medication should first consult their doctors. People with fish allergies should avoid this product.
1 capsule will give you twice the minimum amount we need (as recommended by international health bodies). To enhance your recovery after intense exercise or to improve fish oil’s effects on certain health aspects like our sleep quality and heart health, we recommend 2 capsules daily.
Flaxseed oil is an excellent source of ALA, but does not contain the long chain omega-3 fats EPA and DHA. Our body can convert ALA to EPA and DHA, but at a very low conversion rate (only 1 to 4% gets converted). Directly consuming EPA and DHA is important in order to derive their proven health benefits.
It’s perfectly safe to consume for any duration you choose.
Yes, all our products are designed to work well both individually and together, but we would not recommend taking it with Nutrova Complete Omega-3, as that is a vegan-friendly source of the omega-3 fat DHA.