“My doctor asked me to take omega-3 fats because he said it’s essential for good health. But I’m allergic to fish and don’t like flax seed oil so Nutrova’s omega-3 was helpful!”
Homemaker & Artist, Mumbai
“I am pleased to state that I am happy and satisfied with the performance of your Jain-friendly Omega 3 capsules and I have been able to maintain my cardiac status unaltered without further complications of further deposits. I thank you for bringing this product from totally vegetarian source which Sanyasis like me can consume without sense of regret. I strongly recommend Nutrova omega 3 for maintaining good cardiac health.”
MR. S. RENGANATHAN
Why We Recommend This
- Marine algae is an ideal source of DHA for vegans/vegetarians (since fish is generally its main food source)
- It’s in a form that leads to fewer post-consumption burps, which are made palatable by its lemon flavour
- Consuming 2 capsules daily provides as much DHA as a standard fish oil capsule
The Ingredients & Their Evidence-Based Roles
- DHA: plays a number of functional and structural roles in the body –
1. Eyes: it forms over 50% of the fats in the eyes’ retina, is known to improve visual acuity (the ability to discern the shapes and details of what we see), and even reduces the risk of age-related macular degeneration (an eye disease that causes vision loss). 
2. Skin: it helps form the skin’s lipids (natural fats),  which seal the moisture in our skin. Its supplementation has also been shown to reduce the severity of skin disorders  like eczema  and psoriasis .
3. Heart: it reduces the risk of heart diseases  by helping (a) regulate cholesterol levels (b) lower triglycerides (c) decrease blood pressure, and (d) reduce platelet aggregation (which otherwise leads to blood clots in arteries).
4. Brain: it forms certain structures of the brain and is essential for the growth and functional development  of infants’ brains. It’s also needed to maintain normal brain function  in adults and reduces symptoms of anxiety, stress, depression and the risk of dementia
5. Joints: it lowers inflammation in our joints , slowing down the deterioration of cartilage and bone in rheumatoid arthritis, relieving some pain.
6. General health: it lowers systemic inflammation (the underlying cause of lifestyle diseases) by giving rise to anti-inflammatory compounds. 
- Lemon flavour: for improved palatability
How Nutrova Complete Omega 3 Works
1. Omega-3 fatty acids (ALA, EPA and DHA) are critical to our health and functioning.
2. Nutrova Complete Omega 3 contains a vegan-sourced DHA.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, DHA from marine algae is globally recognised as safe and without any side effects. However, pregnant or lactating women, people with medical conditions or people on chronic medication should first consult their doctors.
It’s important to have at least 1 capsule daily, but we encourage you to have 2, given the minimal intake of this nutrient in a typical vegan or vegetarian diet.
Flaxseed oil is an excellent source of ALA, but does not contain DHA. Our body can convert ALA to DHA, but in a very low conversion rate (only 1 to 4% gets converted). Directly consuming DHA is important in order to derive its proven health benefits.
It’s perfectly safe to consume for any duration you choose.
Yes, all our products are designed to work well both individually and together.