Why We Recommend This
- The strong blend of naturally-sourced nutrients in Nutrova Antioxidant Protection make for a particularly potent set of antioxidants, preventing free radical damage to our cells and structures
- Its lycopene (extracted from tomatoes) is an excellent antioxidant that acts as a shield against the sun’s UV rays, gives our skin a healthier tone, and has many other health benefits.
The Ingredients & Their Evidence-Based Roles
- Natural tomato lycopene: contains other antioxidants (unlike synthetic lycopene) that enhance its benefits, which include:
1. Protecting our skin from free radicals generated by the sun’s UV rays , while also contributing to a healthy skin tone .
2. Helping maintain a healthy blood pressure and lipid profile , and possibly also helping with post-exercise muscle recovery , reducing lung damage caused by cigarette smoke , and minimising bone loss  as we age.
- Grape seed extract: contains a family of antioxidants known as oligomeric proanthocyanidins (OPCs) . These are effective antioxidants that also help maintain the health of our skin’s cells and its main protein, collagen .
- Vitamin C: helps form part of the body’s antioxidants reserve . Also boosts collagen production .
- Vitamin E: helps form part of the body’s antioxidants reserve .
How Nutrova Antioxidant Protection Works
Our skin goes through microscopic damage every day.
- The sun’s UV-A and UV-B rays, dust, pollution, etc. tend to enter our skin and create free radicals, which are unstable molecules that destroy cells, proteins, and other structures when in high numbers
- Free radicals are unstable because they have unpaired electrons and are constantly trying to capture electrons from other molecules, making them unstable as well
- Over time, free radicals can damage our skin’s collagen structure, leading to visible signs of skin damage like roughness, dullness, dark spots, fine lines, etc.
Nutrova Antioxidant Protection contains natural antioxidants that protect our skin from damage.
- Antioxidants are molecules that neutralise free radicals, by giving them an electron of their own, and preventing the damage they’d otherwise cause.
- This product’s powerful antioxidants, sourced naturally from tomatoes and grapes, are especially effective at fighting free radicals and protecting our skin
- Its natural tomato lycopene acts as a protective shield against the sun’s UV-A and UV-B rays, preventing sun damage
Frequently Asked Questions
Absolutely! Nutrova Antioxidant Protection contains the highest achievable quality of nutrients from food sources and has no side effects. However, pregnant or lactating women, people with medical conditions or people on chronic medication should first consult their doctors before consuming any nutrition supplements.
Nutrova Antioxidant Protection is primarily aimed at maintaining healthy skin and protecting it from damage. The antioxidants present in it can also reduce signs of damage, like pigmentation spots, over time. Its natural tomato lycopene even contributes to a healthy skin tone
Yes, all our products are designed to work well both individually and together.