Lifestyle diseases are conditions that are the direct result of how we live our life. While this generalized term includes a broad range of very serious diseases such as diabetes and heart disease, all lifestyle diseases have three common features:
- They can be easily prevented by living a healthy lifestyle.
- These diseases, after occurrence can be managed but not cured.
- Left unchecked, they have serious consequences.
- Type 2 Diabetes is caused by obesity, lack of exercise and poor diet.
- Heart Diseases are a direct result of stress and bad dietary habits.
- Chronic Kidney Disease is due to diabetes and hypertension.
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) that causes major harm to your lungs is because of smoking, exposure to smoke in all its forms and air pollution.
A clear link has been established between most lifestyle diseases and the food we eat. For example, diets high in sugar and fat have been linked to Type 2 diabetes and heart disease, which together caused three times as many deaths globally in 2011 as HIV and Tuberculosis combined.1
At Nutrova, our goal is simple. To quote an oft repeated cliché, prevention is better than cure.
With our redefined approach, we want to make healthy living practical. We believe in keeping it simple, so things don’t get complicated for you later. We understand that eating and living healthy is easier said than done, and it is our endeavour to bring you products and solutions that can make things easy for you. Let us help you help yourself. Follow a few simple steps and you will be well on your way to healthy living.